Tuesday, September 13, 2011

An appointment with my first external client today

After dabbling in the insurance industry for about a month, and harassing approaching close family members (with mixed success), I am ready to see my first external client today. He is external only by name; I've known him for more than a year now as we had spent time along each other for a training session in Genting View Resort. We set the meeting at a KFC joint in Kota Damansara at 8:30pm. Surprisingly he is living in the same city that my family and myself will be moving in.

I really don't know what to expect other than to perform in my sales pitch and to illustrate that the plan is suitable for him. I got some of my work cut out for me as he was already looking to subscribe to a policy when I approached him on Facebook (imagine that). When you think about it, as an agent you just have to go out and do it. This is not exactly beyond the boundaries of my comfort zone (I'm alright with accosting strangers) but I really have to throw my own perception of directly-selling-to-the-masses out of the window.

I'm looking at a young male executive of 25 years old, working as an engineer for the company that is doing some construction work on the KLIA low-cost-terminal. Perhaps he needs more medical protection to lock those rates as he is younger and healthy. Since he is single, I don't think I'll emphasize on the basic sum assured but in the case that he insist on a bigger figure, I'll get another polar quotation on hand.

Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. congratz big boy 4 ur 1st entry & ur external customer... wish u all da best n u can do it babeh ....

    ReplyDelete