Wednesday, December 7, 2011

My soulmate is probably better at parking the car than I am

She probably is! Well at least she gives me that impression, with all that "Faiz parking senget" remark with a sly smile on her face. And I would proceed to counter with "er... well takde kereta kat sebelah, so takde reference point" or crap like that.

I am not that gifted, nor trained when it comes to side and/or reverse parking. But I am not as bad in reverse-parking as I am with side-parking. Whenever there is a chance to forward-park and reverse-park, I'd take them on while overlooking the opportunity to side-park.

Having said all that, it is really difficult to determine who is the better parker. For one, she's only been driving a teeny-weeny Perodua Kancil which is smaller than my bathroom. While it is true that I can't side-park my bathroom, it says a lot about how small and probably mobile that Kancil is.

Talking about Kancil, Perodua came up with a tagline "Bijak Macam Kancil" or something along the line when they launched the small car. But after driving the car home I thought "This car is rather stupid". A tagline is just a tagline, nothing more. The car has no power-steering making turning that puny car more difficult than the biggest car I've ever driven, my dad's Mercedes E240. 

In addition, it has no climate control, meaning it will not adjust the temperature in the car accordingly. By turning on the air-conditioner, the temperature will reduce, and reduce, and reduce up to the point where it gets too cold and you will have to decrease the output. On that end, the temperature will increase, and increase, and increase and you will be looping in this circle to no end.

Oh and if I am not mistaken, the rear passengers' side have no powered windows. Bijak? Not really.

On that note, since it is difficult to steer the Kancil with its lack of power-steering and what not, maybe it is true that my soulmate is a better parker than I am. You know how they say that those who go through difficulties will find tasks us normal people find rather testing to do, to be rather easy?

I don't know, maybe one day I will let her drive my Persona and let her park the car. The Persona, while being a very good car has 2 daring weaknesses. The rather under-powered engine and big turning radius, making u-turns and side-parking rather difficult to do.

2 comments:

  1. shut up? err... no. Not until you shut it with your comments about my parking hahahaha

    ReplyDelete